Sunday 10 June 2007

take offense.

"offensive language" encompasses so much, really. i don't mind the swearing, or the spamming.

i mind the sexual advances.

the slightly misguided only serve to amuse. i've no idea where they get their ideas. "i need arrows."

i'm reeaally don't have time for this, so i go all non-committal. "i see."

player: do you have arrows?
me: no, i prefer to mage.
player: get me some arrows.
me: i'm sorry, i don't quite have the time for that.

*pause*

player: ha! reported.
me: okaay. what for?
player: offensive language.
me: lol?
player: you're not helping me. that's offensive!

me: -.-

then there's racism, against african americans and jews purely because they do to look, what, cool, good, in front of 'friends'. are they that desperate for friends that they'll settle for a lie?

and of course, the epitome of racism translated into action is all they have to provide direction for whatever it is they're trying to pull off. i don't know, most times it just doesn't seem like they mean it. they mean to be racist, but it's just the label on the act that they're looking for, not so much real prejudice behind the discrimination. as in, it's a game to them, and while it is, they think that's all there is too it.

i've seen racisim directed at chinese, not so often at all. and that's one of the few times it's really meant. the difference being that's kind of founded in the company-advocated war against macros. of course that never makes it right, never justifies it. and people usually agree with me when i use the word justify for other things, becuase they'd rather lie to save face in front of a girl, or a mod, than admit to themselves that what they've compromised is something as big as 'justice'.

not like that works any on people flaming. them i can deal with. i don't get angry, but i run out of witty comebacks way too soon for comfort.

and i hear their response, and i guess (since i can't really know, can i) and it's just, so ever so pitiful. it's just so belittling, what they're saying of themselves, how low they're showing themselves to go.

of course, i could hardly be the judge of all this. infact i could be so terribly disillusioned in my understanding of where, exactly, they're all coming from. so terribly disillusioned about everything.

i don't deny that possibility. i don't deny that a world view as limited as my own could make me come across as an idealistic, impressionable, uneducated...person, not deserving of attention, neither worthy of your time.

i don't deny that, really i don't. that's merely the world as i see it, coloured by perception, tainted by ignorance.

to what extent, is for you to say.

i write this in a public domain with some hope in mind. realise it, if you will.

1 comment:

Seivna said...

Hey, aly.

I have been reading your entries for a while now and I regret that I have not stumbled upon your blog earlier. Really, I do.

It's a pity that you have stopped posting here. I enjoy reading your entries, and it seems like every post has its story to tell. A story of yours. Your life just unfolds itself in front of me as I read your words.

I know the chances of you seeing this are really slim, but I really hope you do. Fate works in the strangest of ways. If you do see this some day, please, please reply.

Seivna.